Structural Steel Checker / Project Manager
This position has a high degree of responsibility which includes the supervision and checking of detailers preparing the following documents:
- Embedded Steel -
- Anchor bolt setting plans, lintel erection plans, and associated sections.
- Fabrication drawings for anchor bolts, lintels, bearing plates, sill angles, bond angles, and pipe bollards.
- Joist and Deck -
- Joist framing plans, deck layout plans, and associated sections.
- Fabricator listings for joist, deck, bridging, and accessories.
- Structural Steel -
- Steel erection plans, elevations, details, and sections.
- Fabrication Drawings for columns, beams, girts, jambs, horizontal and vertical bracing, trusses, sag rods, roof/floor frames, and finish angles and plates.
- Part to part bolt lists.
- Bill of materials
- Miscellaneous Steel -
- Erection plans, elevations, details, and sections.
- Fabrication Drawings for Stairs (stringers, landings, pans, support posts, ect.), handrail, guardrail, ladders, and deck plate.
- Required Skills: Excellent math, visualization, & problem solving skills, good computer, organization, & communication skills, able to read and interpret blueprints, working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office, excellent knowledge of structural steel materials (W, S, & M shapes, channels, angles, ect.), min 5 years experience in the production of structural steel fabrication drawings or prior structural steel checking experience.
*** Must be qualified to work within the U.S. ***