Structural Steel Detailer
Duties include preparation of the following documents:
- Embedded Steel -
- Anchor bolt setting plans, lintel erection plans, and associated sections.
- Fabrication drawings for anchor bolts, lintels, bearing plates, sill angles, bond angles, and pipe bollards.
- Structural Steel -
- Steel erection plans, elevations, details, and sections.
- Fabrication Drawings for columns, beams, girts, jambs, horizontal and vertical bracing, trusses, sag rods, roof/floor frames, and finish angles and plates.
- Part to part bolt lists.
- Bill of materials
- Required Skills: Excellent math, visualization, & problem solving skills, able to read and interpret blueprints, good computer skills, working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office, working knowledge of structural steel materials (W, S, & M shapes, channels, angles, ect.), min 2 year degree in a structural engineering related program or 2 years experience in the steel detailing/design industry.
*** Must be qualified to work within the U.S. ***
- Helpful Skills: Good organization & communication skills, self-driven, knowledge of Tekla Structures, Design Data SDS/2, or other 3D detailing software, any knowledge of the structural steel design, fabrication, and erection industry.